Tuesday, December 30, 2008

English Mode: ON

Phew! That was a really angry post down there, huh?

Anyway, I'm feeling better today and now in my leisurely working state. I don't really have anything to rush, due to the minimal workload here in the office. And I'm still counting days until my vacation trip next month. Really can't wait!

Another anywayy, I got my first ever nephew on Christmas Day. A boy. But he's wayyy over the seas around the world in UK. Can only meet him when my brother comes back next year, hopefully for my wedding (gasp!). Can't really believe I'm getting married at last. Knowing me, it may or may not happen. Cross fingers, touch wood, make a wish on the well, whatever. But I now have a valid reason to buy those little cute shoes I've been admiring since forever. Don't really like kids, and I'm forever awkward when I'm thrown into the situation where there's a supposedly cute toddler around, and everybody goes "ooh" and gaga over. I always do not know what to do or say. I suspect the kid will really find it weird if I do those crazy, cute faces I see people do. I'm more comfortable with cats. But I think I'd like to have kids someday (not now!), as I don't ever want to be an old maid living with 30 cats in the house.

I'm annoyed with all these noises from the renovation work going on in my office now. Can't hear anything without asking everyone repeating what they're saying again and again. Can't even hear myself think. *takes a deep breath* But I'm not going to be angry today. I'm not.

I should think about New Year resolutions now. Although I'll be lying to myself, pretending to set up goals and attempting to fulfil it like 20088759937 other people who draw up their own resolutions. I mean, it takes a really strong person emotionally and mentally to take up the challenge. I'm not one of those people, but what the heck, I'll do it anyway and laugh at myself when the year ends. Oh, talking about new year, I dig the bubble wrap calendar that New Yorker guy invented. It satisfies the bubble popper persona inside us. I mean, everyone likes to pop air bubbles, right? I know I do. Just takes a bit of courage and patience not to pop everything on 1st Jan. Hehe, now that's fun!

OK, as usual, I'll come back when I have more to say.

p/s: I notice that I don't have much idea of writing anything nowadays. Especially those short notes, those supposed "poems" of mine. Oh crap. Memang hangat-hangat tahi ayam. Bosan-bosan pergi makan bayam. LAME.

No comments: