Thursday, July 9, 2009

This is for me to remember him.

Hi, I'm back.

Michael Jackson is dead. Facebook was full of updated status of people acknowledging the fact the day after. Sure, he was someone that have always been a piece of enigma to all of us. A subject of ridicule and all those dirty things brought on by his fame. But still, a part of me was sad that he's gone. I mean, our generation grows with his music. Who has never heard of him?

There was a televised memorial service for him yesterday, and I watched the repeat show last night. It was the most beautiful and heartwrenching thing I ever saw on TV. All those people who spoke from their hearts, people who knew him as a person, someone they knew inside. Not the freak as everyone was led to believe. I love Brooke Shield's speech. I can feel her broken heart as she struggles not to break down. And I like the part where she said Michael is not a King, but rather, a Little Prince and proceeded to quote lines from the book, where the pilot ponders upon the Prince's body after his death.

Reverend Al Sharpton's speech was powerful! I cannot help but cry and clap my hands at the way he put those words together. It was beautiful. My heart swelled when he said, "To Michael's children, your daddy wasn't strange. What happened to him was strange, and he dealt with it!" Or something to that effect. W.O.W!

Of course, the part that broke everyone was his daughter's goodbye to him, standing before his coffin. Paris reminds us all that Michael - without the sequinned glove, without the hat, no longer standing on his toes, no longer basking in the spotlight and the thunderous applause after every show - was just a regular Daddy. Sad. But beautiful.

Goodbye Michael. You will always be remembered for your music and the massive impact you've made during your stay. You unite the world, and put hope in the future for all of us. Rest well. I just hope that they will leave you alone now.

No comments: