Friday, January 2, 2009

1 Jan.

The Curve's fireworks on the eve of New Year is spectacular! Actually, it has always been like that. 15 long minutes of bangs, lights, and cheers in the dark sky. I was watching the show alone from my balcony. Lolita was with me but she was too scared of the booming sound and hid away under the sofa, eyes round and black. So cute. The fireworks is bigger and grander this year, like it was really determined to forget and chase away everything bad that happened in 2008 and start anew. I was smiling to myself, enjoying the colours of the fire in the sky. Was feeling a bit down by don't-know-what. Didn't have plans for the night. I wanted to go out actually, so in the end, we joined our friends at a BBQ party at their house. Bad reception for mobile lines at their housing area, I must tell. But nice house. We talked all night, planning for Langkawi. I always had fun with the boys.

Then on New Year's Day, I went to Pyramid with a friend's girl and walked around for more than 3 hours while waiting for the friend and my boy to finish listening to a "business presentation", just so that they can get our accommodation for Langkawi out of the way. Lucky they got that, or else I would have sulked for the remaining hours of the day. Went to the Curve and looked around for our engagement/wedding rings and so, we got ourselves our first expensive pieces of jewellery, and me my first diamond. It is not showy, it has a nice cut, and I'm happy with it. Now we are set to get married. Haha.

I sound boring here. But so what? I haven't do any resolutions except to save money to buy the tons of things we need to prepare, and I don't give a damn about it anyway. So yeah, I'm going back to wasting time and I'll come back when I feel like it, like always.

No comments: