Saturday, November 8, 2008

Trippy trip.

I'm going on a roadtrip today! Hurray!

One of my closest friends from school is getting engaged to the man of her dreams. And we are invited to her small 'do down in Melaka. I have always loved the small lanes and paved sidewalks in the centre town. It's Melaka's pumping, beating heart. Without the antique small shops, without the blood-coloured blocks, Melaka won't be alive, in my mind at least. Can't wait for a Sunday walk tomorrow around town, peeking into shops tucked in nicely between the nooks and corners in Jonker's Street. I want to eat and talk and walk and laugh. Much! A mini holiday, I like.

The weather is always nice there. Haha, I'm seeing everything through a rose-tinted glass here. Because I'm too excited! Going anywhere with my girls has always been a fun, and happy experience. We know each other so well, not afraid to laugh at our own weaknesses and faults, and we tease each other tirelessly. All are good. These are friends we've known since we were dumped to live with each other as 13 years olds. 14 years ago. I'll do anything for these girls. Like what we used to say and write to each other when the end of school days loomed - Friends 4eva. Sangatlah budak sekolah.

Ah, I better get back to work now and finish before the half-day of work ends. Bye-bye!

No comments: